The official CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-601) course is the primary curriculum you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing network services, devices, and traffic in your organization. You can also take this course to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination.
In this course, you will build on your knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
Funding Opportunity: Malaysian Bumiputera’s aged 21-28 years old are eligible to apply for 100% funding for CompTIA Security+ under the Yayasan Peneraju Pendidikan Bumiputera funding program.
Are you currently retrenched? If yes, check out our PERKESO EIS: Get Back into the Workforce through Upskilling program.
In this course, you will implement information security across a variety of different contexts.
- Identify the fundamental components of information security.
- Analyze risk.
- Identify various threats to information security.
- Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities.
- Implement security for hosts and software.
- Implement security for networks.
- Manage identity and access.
- Implement cryptographic solutions in the organization.
- Implement security at the operational level.
- Address security incidents.
- Ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of an incident
Who Should Attend
This CompTIA Security+ course is targeted toward the:
- Information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as macOS®, Unix, or Linux
- Those who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics
- Candidates preparing for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination
- Cybersecurity professionals using Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles
To ensure your success in this course, you should possess basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts.
CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge, and six to nine months’ experience in networking, including configuring security parameters, are strongly recommended. Students can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking any of the following courses:
- CompTIA® A+
- CompTIA® Network+
Additional introductory courses or work experience in application development and programming, or in network and operating system administration for any software platform or system, are helpful but not required. Note that the prerequisites for this course might differ significantly from the prerequisites for the CompTIA certification exams.