This is a second-level course for people learning the Java language. It provides the additional key skills needed by Java programmers. This course uses today’s main Java version for its practices (currently Java 11).
This is a second-level course for programmers learning the Java language. It rounds-out the topics that were taught in the previous course, Java SE: Programming I, and provides additional key skills for Java programmers, such as secure coding, modular programming, and database access. This course uses today’s main Java version for its practices (currently Java 11).
- Create Java applications that leverage the object-oriented features of the Java language, such as encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism
- Execute a Java application from the command line
- Create applications that use the Java Collections framework
- Search and filter collections using Lambda Expressions
- Implement error-handling techniques using exception handling
- Implement input/output (I/O) functionality to read from and write to data and text files
- Manipulate files, directories and file systems using the JDK NIO.2 specification
- Perform multiple operations on database tables, including creating, reading, updating and deleting using both JDBC and JPA technology
- Use Lambda Expression concurrency features
- Apply modular programming practices and services to applications
- Create high-performing multi-threaded applications
Who Should Attend
Data Scientist Developer Implementer
Exam & Certification
This course is not associated with any Certification.