The first section of this course introduces you to Exadata Storage Server X2-2 (formerly known as Exadata Storage Server Version 2). You’ll learn about the architecture and key capabilities of Exadata, along with how to configure, monitor and optimize it.
- Describe what Exadata is and how it differs from traditional database storage.
- List the key capabilities and features of Exadata and DBM.
- Configure DBM.
- Implement Exadata security.
- Maintain DBM and perform various maintenance tasks.
- Monitor DBM using alerts, thresholds, metrics, current activities, SQL plans, V$ views and database statistics.
- Maintain, monitor and optimize the Database Machine after initial configuration
The second section of this course introduces you to the Oracle Exadata Database Machine. You’ll learn about the various Database Machine configurations, while reviewing the installation and configuration process. This will help you make appropriate up-front configuration decisions.
You’ll also review various options for migrating to the Database Machine, while learning how to select the best approach. Where possible, the topics are reinforced through demonstrations.