Red Hat Ansible in 2022 | What is it and why you need it
Red Hat Ansible in 2022 | What is it and why you need it
Training and certification are the most important tools in your organization’s arsenal towards achieving success in your digital transformation. In today’s blogpost we will be discussing all things Red Hat Ansible.
Businesses worldwide are approaching their digital transformation plans more aggressively than ever. They are tapping into unchartered technological domains or scaling their current technology further. With automation at the core of most transformations, a lot of sharing, vetting and managing content happens. This requires an automation language that multiple people across the organization would be able to understand.
Red Hat Ansible – The What and Why’s
This is where Red Hat’s Ansible Automation Platform comes in. Fundamentally, Ansible is an automation tool that configures systems, deploys software, and mobilizes complex IT tasks. Ansible’s speciality lies in its accessibility, security, and reliability.
Red Hat’s Automation Platform delivers an enterprise framework to build and operate IT automation at scale. Users can control and streamline their infrastructure with a visual dashboard, role-based access control and automation tools which includes analytics and certified reusable content.
It provides a foundation to build and operate automation services at scale, providing enterprises with a composable, collaborative and a trusted execution environment. It meets customers where they are at on the automation journey, facilitating a conducive environment for teams to share, vet and manages automation content.
Features and benefits
Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform helps organizations adopt a culture of collaborative automation by delivering a consistent experience everywhere, based on features tailored to the needs of the entire IT team. With Ansible Automation Platform:
- IT managers and architects can more easily expand automation across the enterprise, while managing automation policy and governance with the automation services catalog and getting real-time reporting across the entire stack with Red Hat Insights for Ansible Automation Platform.
- Developers retain the freedom to build, without the operational overhead of maintaining many tools and frameworks. Execution environments deliver a consistent container-like experience for building and scaling automation, with new tooling included to help build and manage them. Ansible Content Collections offer prebuilt automation content from more than 100 certified partners, with solutions available for nearly every use case.
- Administrators and operators have powerful tools in the automation controller and automation hub to manage and share automation projects more efficiently, with a common language and broadly accessible mix of command line interfaces (CLIs), graphical user interfaces (GUIs), and text-based user interfaces (TUI) across endpoints.
- Your organization can tackle automation challenges from network and security automation, to cloud infrastructure provisioning, to configuration management, to continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), containers, and beyond.
How will you benefit by going Ansible?
1) Comprehensive Automation
Automation spans beyond merely managing configurations and siloed teams writing scripts, it runs across the whole wingspan of technological operations and will benefit it equally. Effective application management requires a tool that can provision resources, make configuration changes, and run commands in various environments, helping an organization run faster, together and Red Hat® Ansible® Automation Platform does all the above.
2) Collaboration made easy
Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform is a simple, fuss-free enterprise that helps IT teams collaborate easily. The Ansible Automation is agentless, so there is no need to install software on each managed host. This in turn removes the need to install, manage, patch and support those agents. Likewise, agentless management also reduces instances of software conflicts without increasing the system’s security footprint.
3) For the people by the people
What sets the Red Hat Ansible Automation apart is its encouraging nature. It nurtures teamwork by simplifying complex processes and reduces learning barriers. The Ansible Playbooks and roles are human-readable and make understanding the entire application a breeze. The approachability helps people communicate better and in one common language, accelerating growth and success.
4) Governance and control
Controlling who gets access to data and information needs to be reliable, consistent and easy to manage. The Red Hat Ansible Tower ensures that the implementation of role-based access control is easy making permissions easily added, reviewed, updated, and deleted. All security and compliance-related policy applications can also be automated across infrastructures.
5) Complex no more
Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform creates a precise definition for each application and its associated environment. It also fosters a setting where members of a release process take ownership and hold accountability for running a business service.
Automation frees up admins to focus their efforts on the creation and delivering more value to the business.
Has automation been in your mind or in the works, but you are looking to scale?
Why not empower your workforce with Ansible, and let automation help your business?
We recommend this course to have ensured you have a solid foundational knowledge of Red Hat products.
Ansible Essentials: Simplicity in Automation Technical Overview (DO007)
Gain an understanding of the basics of Ansible automation and configuration management, and more.
Ansible Essentials: Simplicity in Automation Technical Overview (DO007) is a series of on-demand, online videos that introduce you to Ansible automation and configuration management, provisioning, deploying, and managing computes infrastructure across cloud, virtual, and physical environments with Ansible.