This Java SE 8 Fundamentals training introduces you to object-oriented programming using the Java language. Through hands-on exercises, you’ll begin to build a baseline of knowledge to propel your career in development.
- Use Java programming language constructs to create a Java technology application.
- Use decision and looping constructs and methods to dictate program flow.
- Understand basic object oriented concepts such as inheritance, encapsulation, and abstraction.
- Use and manipulate object references, and to write simple error handling code.
- Use the new SE 8 java.time and java.time.format packages to format and print the local date and time.
- Specify a data modification by passing a predicate lambda expression to the Collections class.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Write Java code that uses variables, arrays, conditional and loop constructs
- Manipulate primitive numeric data and string data using Java operators
- Create Java classes and use object references
- Access the fields and methods of an object
- Manipulate text data using the methods of the String and String Builder classes
- Use casting without losing precision or causing errors
- Declare, override, and invoke methods
- Access and create static fields and methods
- Use classes from the java.time and java.time.format packages to format and print the local date and time
- Encapsulate a class using access modifiers and overloaded constructors
- Define and implement a simple class hierarchy
- Demonstrate polymorphism by implementing a Java Interface
- Use a Predicate Lambda expression as the argument to a method
- Handle a checked exception in a Java application
Who Should Attend
- Application Developers
- System Administrator
- Project Manager
- Technical Consultant
- Technical Administrator
- Team Leader
- Web Administrator