One of the key qualities of highly successful leaders is the ability to mentor and coach effectively. In this session, leaders learn how to coach and mentor using various tools and techniques. They learn the EDGE Model, which assures that any coaching or mentoring session is effective and productive.
This workshop is designed to be highly interactive with a mix of theory and practical sessions (group problem-solving/planning, experiential practice with role-playing of varying difficulty scenarios, interactive discussions & application exercises). Participants will emerge from the workshop having the knowledge and skills to become much more effective coaches and mentors. Also, they will know how to use the tools and techniques to drive staff motivators, ownership, productivity and effectiveness in their workplaces.
Scenarios of varying complexity will be used to enable the participants to apply their coaching and mentoring skills in situations that have contrasting dynamics.
By the end of this program, participants should be able to:
- Understand and apply the principles of coaching and mentoring
- Develop and practice key coaching and mentoring skills
- Be able to create a nurturing, productive environment
- Build positive relationships through coaching that support and empower individuals
- Have developed an understanding of productive questioning skills
- Set up coaching and mentoring programmers and plans to develop capability and motivation
- Conduct coaching sessions using well recognized coaching approaches and models
- Enhance your organizations effectiveness in focusing development on its key resource
- Enable internal coaching through change
Who Should Attend
Experienced office professionals, team leaders, and managers who are looking to coach and mentor others in the organisation or who wish to learn about the coaching and mentoring process for self-development and effective performance management.