In this NetApp training course, you learn about configuring ONTAP 9 Data Management Software for a SAN environment. The course provides information about block-level protocols, including FC, FCoE, and iSCSI on Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, and VMware ESXi host operating systems. The course also discusses best practices for managing SAN storage provisioning, protocols, hosts, availability, and data protection. An introduction to NVMe over Fabrics (NVMe-oF) is provided. The course focuses on ONTAP 9.0 functionality and includes lecture and a hands-on exercise environment.
- This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
- Discuss SAN architecture
- Describe SAN configuration and LUN provisioning
- Discuss iSCSI features and recommendations
- Discuss FC and FCoE features and recommendations
- Discuss ONTAP availability strategies and data protection for LUNs
- Describe SAN performance considerations and SAN-specific manageability features
- Describe NVMe architecture and explain NVMe integration into ONTAP software
- Describe Foreign LUN Import
Who Should Attend
SAN Storage Administrators using NetApp ONTAP Storage Systems.