During this 3-day EDU-VSKDM7: VMware vSphere with Tanzu: Deploy and Manage course, you focus on deploying and managing VMware vSphere with Tanzu. You learn about how vSphere with Tanzu can be used to orchestrate the delivery of Kubernetes clusters and containerized applications in a vSphere environment.
This VMware training course is also available in an On Demand format. For more information, select this link: VMware vSphere with Tanzu: Deploy and Manage [V7] – On Demand.
- VMware vSphere® 7
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe vSphere with Tanzu and use cases in on-premises environments
- Deploy vSphere with Tanzu
- Describe VMware Tanzu Mission Control
- Describe the VMware NSX® networking requirements for vSphere with Tanzu.
- Describe vSphere with Tanzu on NSX-T Data Center
- Describe vSphere with Tanzu on vSphere Distributed Switch
- Create and manage vSphere with Tanzu namespaces
- Deploy and run container applications on vSphere with Tanzu
- Deploy and configure Harbor
- Describe the VMware Tanzu™ Kubernetes Grid™ service
- Deploy a Tanzu Kubernetes Grid cluster
- Deploy and run container applications on a Tanzu Kubernetes Grid cluster
- Describe the vSphere with Tanzu lifecycle
- Use logs and CLI commands to monitor and troubleshoot vSphere with Tanzu
Who Should Attend
Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for designing and implementing vSphere with Tanzu
This course requires completion the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage OR VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale
- VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage
Experience working at the command line is helpful.
This course requires that a student be able to perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Create VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create a virtual machine using a wizard or a template
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a vSphere DRS cluster with resource pools
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster
If you cannot perform all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete one of the prerequisite courses before enrolling in VMware vSphere with Tanzu: Deploy & Manage.